Existing Member?

hither/thither A journal of my travels in 2008 I will be traveling to: New Zealand Costa Rica India East Africa

So Long Farewell...

INDIA | Thursday, 10 April 2008 | Views [668]

We are finally getting out of here.

Don't get me wrong, I love Kolkata, but our time here has been slightly annoying as things didn't seem to work in our favor much. We had planned to go on to Sunderbaans- fell through; See the Jain temples- closed; Go to some temples about four hours out- didn't; etc. I'm not complaining, it's just been a long time to be in one place, especially a city like Kolkata.
On top of that I fell into a terrible fever yesterday morning (damn my infernal appetite and those damn pickled Mangos!) and spend the day and night rolling around on my bed sweating with a cold rag on my head. It was terrible. I felt like my face and skin were going to melt off. Of course the whole time I knew I had malaria. But I'm feeling somewhat better now. I still have had nothing but a Fanta but at least I got up and walked around. The smells and the heat are intense and difficult to deal with in this sort of state but don't worry, our hero will prevail! I'm not really looking forward to our twenty hour train ride but...
Carrie and I are headed to Assam tonight. IF our plans work out this time we will go to the largest river island in the world and then to a wildlife reserve for a safari. It should be great. I'm looking forward to the reprieve from the city life as well.

SO, farewell Kolkata.
I will never, ever forget you.
heartrl

About heartrl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.