Existing Member?

Central America 2012

Caye Caulker

BELIZE | Friday, 20 July 2012 | Views [331]

My love life was beginning to get a little on the complicated side shall we say so I departure was inevitable under the circumstances. I can tell you that boys talk in barbers shops!!

So after 2 weeks in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, I finally managed to get myself into the ferry & come to Caye Caulker which is only 30 mins away but could be on the other side of the world. This place is so relaxed & seems very laid back. None of the under laying violence that typifies a night out in San Pedro. Thankfully I didnt experience any such problems but know lots of people who were attacked or had their possessions stolen.

This place is small but lovely with a few great restaurants, the obligatory reggae bar & a night club. This one isnt like a 1970's school disco & you dont get the feeling that you might be stabbed at any moment so everything is positive.

Off to the cooler western side of the country tomorrow to a place called San Ignacio which apparently is very relaxed, safe & set in wonderful countryside. Hope to go to see the largest Mayan ruins at Caracol whilst I am there & may be Tikal but not sure to wait until late in the trip for that.

Themn on the 27th July I am taking a ferry into Honduras in preparation of a 2 day dance music festival on an island called Utilla. Should be excellent fun. My accommodation will be costing me 4quid a night so I am expecting not much more that a garden shed really but will help with the budget.

I feel a Beliken beer coming on & maybe a little swim before dinner so had better go & get to it. This traveling lark can be such hard work dont you know?

Love to all,

H xx

About hcr64


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Belize

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.