Existing Member?

Central America 2012

Belize

BELIZE | Saturday, 7 July 2012 | Views [400]

So havee completed the first stage of this trip - namely 3 weeks in Mexico. Had the most brilliant time there & wasnt too keen to move on however there will be another opportunity to return before i head back to the UK.

Ended up doing quite a lot of stuff really. Having left Cozumel we headed to Tulum which was amazing. The ruins were very impressive as they are situated right on tthe side of a cliff looking out over the Caribbean Sea. I thought that the photos had been photoshopped but oh no, the water really is that blue.

Had a couple of days on the beach which is already in the top 5 beaches I have ever visited. Completely stunning with crystal clear waters & a lovely temperature. Had also been communicatcating with Abraham who I met on Cozumel. He is in the Mexican Navy & said that he had some timme off & did I want to go & see him in Merida. Well I checked the map & it was only a 3 hr coach ride so thought that it would be a good idea. I had also been told that Merida was a great place to visit i its own rights - thanks Bron for that tip!

So had a couple of days there which was good, apart fr the fact that it was the weekend of thee Mexican General Elections so for the those 2 days it was completely impossible to buy alcohol. Fortunately, G & I still had some of our duty frees left so Abraham, G & I mixed some drinks in the room & sat by the pool.

Moved on from Merida to Laguna Bacalar which is the second longest lake in Mexico. A very chilled place to hang out for a couple of days in a great guesthouse right on the shore with a beautiful garden. Started to do some running as the dance festival in Honduras is only a month away & I need to be in shape for it.

So now I am staying at a Baackpackers Hostel in San Pedro Ambergris Caye Belize & jolly pleasant it is too. The weather is hot but there is usually a breeze certainly on the beach. The people we have meet so far are very friendly. One guy was a Med student in Stockton & knew the road where I was born!

The first night here was very messy but a day of taking it easy & drinkig lots of water has certainky helped. We are off to a place called Big Daddys tonight for reggae music so that sshould be very good fun. Have already decided to stay for an extra week before going to the next island called Caye Caulker.

Well a Lighthouse beer is beckoning as I was up at 5.50am jogging so I do deserve it.

Regards, Helen xx

Helen xx

About hcr64


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Belize

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.