Existing Member?

My First Backpacking Adventure

Balmy in Bangkok

CANADA | Thursday, 14 January 2010 | Views [487] | Comments [2]

Soo I just wrote a big message and I tried to post it and I lost it completely. So that sucks a big one, I will probably keep this one shorter. This city is amazing. The people are friendly, everything is cheap and relatively clean and the weather is wonderful. After spending one night at an airport hotel I took a taxi to the hostel where I stayed last night. It's called Soi 1 guesthouse and it is a wonderful place. It's very easy to meet people there and almost everyone I met was travelling solo. I went out for lunch with guys from Vermont and Memphis and girls from Montreal, England and California. After that most of us took the Skytrain and then the express boat down to the temples. Checked out the giant reclining Buddah. It is huge and very impressive. It was a long and tiring day and after that I headed back to the guesthouse. Went out for a night on the town with 3 guys from England and a guy from the States. We definetly gave Bangkok a good run and i'm feeling it today... Kinda got lost on the way home from the bar but ended up getting a taxi after the guy from seven-eleven couldn't understand my qusestions for directions. This morning I took the subway/skytrain system down to the train station where I booked my ticket for tonight. The good train was all full so I had to book on a different train and there weren't any sleepers left. So I have a 12 hour train ride on a hard seat that doesn't recline. As one guy said I will earn some travel stamps for this ride. I'll be taking the train solo because Kurt's buddy that's joining us on this journey has a nasty infection in his knee and he's gonna try and stick in one place to let it heal up. So I'm gonna head back to my hostel now, grab a bite to eat and chill out, my head hurts pretty good from last night so it will feel good to rest. I posted my pictures from yesterday on facebook. I'll try to post them here to but it seems much harder. I absolutely love it here but definetly understand what Kurt says that a coulpe days in the same place is enough. 

Tags: bangkok

Comments

1

Hey Hart - sounds absolutely great. The pictures are good and interesting to see the modernity of Bangkok. Neat to know that you are connecting with (and partying with!) the world. Hope the train trip isn't to tough. I'm off to work in this balmy 0 degree temperature. Cheers - Dad

  Brian Walton Jan 15, 2010 12:16 AM

2

Hey Hartman
Glad to hear you are having a great trip. The pictures are great and I am enjoying the blog. The day after the night before yes I foundly (not) remember those days good on ya cousin.
cheers

  Bruce Wynes Jan 15, 2010 12:02 PM

About harts


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.