Existing Member?

The magic of Yunnan

Seek Experiences - Kutch The handicraft haven

INDIA | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [213] | Scholarship Entry

We had gone to shop for some embroidered dresses in Gujarat where we were told by the shopkeeper that some of the embroidery that we loved was from Kutch. He also told us that Kutch is a haven of handicrafts and architecture so we planned a trip to this desert area which is flourishing and prospering in spite of being the epicenter of a very devastating earthquake on January 26, 2001.

Our trip to Bhuj, Bhujodi and Ajrakpur in Kutch was filled with awe inspiring palaces, handicrafts and artists. The hospitality and positive attitude of these people is heartwarming. They live in a barren, hostile landscape but their lives and arts are filled with vibrant colors.
As a filmmaker, i want to show the colors and vibrancy of Kutch through its palaces and handicraft. As a presenter, Jarna wishes to interact with the artists and give more information about their craft to the viewers. Together, we wish to present a story about a beautiful people.
We both are very interested in film-making and winning this scholarship will give us a chance to learn from the best. It might also propel us towards a career that till now has existed only in our dreams. It will be a huge opportunity for us.

About harishvdevnani


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.