Existing Member?

...and I took the one less traveled by

follow the Ho Chi Minh trail..

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 24 June 2008 | Views [336]

So after a journey of about 26 hours... we have finally made it to Ho Chi Minh City/ Saigon. We were on a sleeper bus for that time, which was MUCH nicer than ordinary buses because you can lay out, and about 500x nicer than the awful bus from Vientiane. 

Before we left yesterday, in Hoi An, we went on a tour to My Son, which are some Angkor Wat type ruins outside Hoi An. They predate Angkor Wat, but are much less impressive... partly due to the fact that they are older and made of some different materials... and partly because we bombed them, thinking (probably with reason) people were hiding in them during the war. We still enjoyed seeing them and the more Hindu type sculptures they had there.

Now in HCMC, we have signed up to go on a morning tour out to the Cu Chi Tunnels outside HCM, and then will spend the afternoon in the city.


As beautiful as Vietnam is, we cannot wait to leave. Like I said about how they use the horn in driving... it's driving us crazy -- maybe only because we were on the bus for so long... but also, the people here who hassle you to buy things or rent a room from them. they don't leave you alone, you have to ignore them, they lie constantly, and they will follow you for an entire block not leaving you alone, even if you're ignoring them. Aggravating to say the least.


Anyway, off to a much deserved sleep!


Oh, and I've uploaded some more photos, but the computer I'm on... the screen is really messed up and the color off so I am not entirely sure if I'm uploading the best of my photos... sorry if they're blurry or anything!!

About happywanderer


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.