Existing Member?

...and I took the one less traveled by

finally... gooood morning Vietnam!

VIETNAM | Sunday, 22 June 2008 | Views [346]

Yesterday, in Hue, we slept in a bit (7:30/8:00) and got up to see the city. We ended up taking a motorbike tour of the city, going out to Tomb TU Doc and... the something Pagoda. We went and walked around the Citadel as well. We finally did think Hue, and Vietnam was beautiful! :) After that we walked around by the river for a bit, found dinner at a place down the road, and then went on a cruise on the Perfume River to see a traditional Hue folk song. After that, we were really tired and had to get up early, so we went to bed.

We got up to pack, eat, and catch our 8am bus to Hoi An today. THe drive was only 3 hours, and beautiful. After walking around the city, seeing a few sites and going to see the beach, we have decided this small town is second on our favorites list, behind Luang Prabang. It's on a river, close to the beach, palm trees everywhere, and.... dripping with sweat. REALLY REALLY hot here. But we love it!  We're going on a tour tomorrow to My Son and then leave in the evening on a 24hr sleeper bus to go to HCMC/Saigon.

I'm a bit behind on pics because although we've had free internet at the last 2 places we've stayed... the ONE computer for everyone, lack of internet cafe's and still somewhat slow upload has delayed this. I'll send the new albums I do have, tomorrow.

About happywanderer


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.