Existing Member?

Jo and Hayley's SEA journal From Vietnam to Bali, our most extensive South East Asia trip yet!

Yangshuo

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 7 January 2012 | Views [284] | Comments [1]

Hi! We have moved to a hotel in the town, splashed out on a bit of luxury and really enjoying it. Staying at the Bamboo house Resort which is a small boutique hotel in a great location. The room is really clean and warm, with a massive jacuzzi and heated toilet, which apparently will also wash and dry you, haven't quite been game to give it a go, and a little balcony. The town is surrounded by limestone karst and is really beautiful. There are many restaurants and cafe's, but must admit the chinese food is not as good here as in Shanghai. There are many western restaurants as well, including KFC and Maccas, always good for a hangover. We went out to experience the nightlife last night, initially started at a small bar with crap food but cheap beer. Met some guys from Sweden, chatted for a bit then headed off. Another bar in town, with laser lights, and a singing chinese guy, the music was ridiculously loud, so only one drnik. Came across some Aussies at another pub on an intrepid tour, and steadily got merrier. Continuing on came across a bar/club that had good dance beats coming from it, much to Hayley's delight. Drinks continued to flow, and the dancing improved. For some reason we did'nt have to pay for our drinks.... the staff just kept a steady supply coming, and the DJ's seemed happy we were dancing, met some nice people and had a great night. Must admit was plastered at the end, and despite KFC burger on the way home, have had a pretty slow day today. Big breakfast, actually more like lunchtime, eggs and all the trimmings, and DVD'S in bed. Tomorrow will take a tour of some sort. The weather is still cold, but its stopped raining. It is quite misty, but just adds to the spectacular scenery around us.

Comments

1

I did post a reply but it seems to have disappeared.Great that you are both well and happy and enjoying yourselves.Keep up the good work :)

  The Oldies Jan 9, 2012 6:51 AM

About happytraveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.