Existing Member?

Jo and Hayley's SEA journal From Vietnam to Bali, our most extensive South East Asia trip yet!

Arrival Ho Chi Min

VIETNAM | Monday, 12 December 2011 | Views [554] | Comments [2]

Our day started at 3.30am, bleary eyed but ready to go, Hayley not happy, has woken with a sore throat, which worsened as the day progressed. Have hit her with some antibiotics, replenished our supplies this morning in Ho Chi Min. Ian took us to the airport, and gave us a lovely sendoff. The flight was about 8 hrs and was reasonably confortable. We have gotten much smarter, and always request seats at the very back, as they fill them from the front. We scored two seats each, so bit extra room to stretch out.  Arrived around 4 pm, temperature about 26 degrees, so pleasant. Hit the BiSaigon for a cheap tasty meal, lemon chicken and fried rice, cost approx 5 dollars, so good to be back! Hayley still quite ill so went to bed. I went out and had a couple of Coronas and happy to sit back and watch the constant activity in front of me, plenty of good natured touts trying to sell watches, books, hippy jewelry, toiletries, cigarettes and on the spot massages. Spent an hour chatting to a hapless backpacker from Hull,who was clutching a copy of The Beach, and spending his inheritence on grog. His father had passed away recently and left him reasonably well off. He was very happy with the exchange rate of the pound, and I suspect he will be drunk for some time to come. It is about 8am at the moment,and sitting in Highlanders coffe shop where the internet is free if you have a drink,as our hotel is now charging for computer use. The atmosphere here is very Christmasy, more so than at home, to Hayley's delight, there are Santas and Christmas trees everywhere,although all have a slightly asian twist.... Santa and his polar bears?, playing a trumpet?, and plenty of "snow" everywhere.There are Christmas carols being played constantly everywhere...quite nauseating. Will start taking some photos! Love to all!!!!

 

 

Comments

1

Love your blogs seem difficult to access.

Good the hear from you last night,we were pleased that your journey was uneventful,but concerned about Hayley.She will bounce back with the right medication.Your accommodation sounds great and if you have to kick back for a few days,,well you could be in worse places.

Everything is ok here,your Mum's bowls party today and of course I'm off to work,,,sigh,,same old..........

Take Care U2 Lottsa Love,,,, the oldies xxxxxxx

  The Oldies Dec 13, 2011 7:03 AM

2

The adventure begins. Looking fwd to reading about it.

  JohnO Dec 13, 2011 10:41 AM

About happytraveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.