Existing Member?

Han's Big Trip

Avignon, France

FRANCE | Tuesday, 17 May 2011 | Views [336]

Hey guys,

We travelled from Switzerland to Avignon today. Left at 8am and got here at 4pm-ish. Once we checked in and used the free wifi for about half an hour, we got back on the bus and had a little bus ride around the town. Alan took us to the main square and let us do our own thing. Bri, Sarah, Kat and I had a look around the church and the park. it was beautiful. It was right next to the building the Pope lived in for a few years back in the day. It was pretty amazing, like all the places we've seen so far. It reminded me a lot of Mallorca in Spain. It had lovely little cobble streets and lots of restaurants. The walls around the 'town' were only 4.5km long but 100,000 people live within them! it's pretty crazy and hard to believe. we had a nice dinner at a restaurant near the entrance to the town. The service was pretty crap but the food was nice. The waitress didn't even know how to make a pina colada! Anyway the food was good so it was ok. After dinner we went and sat on the grass by the river and the rest of the group eventually joined us. It was really windy so we were very happy to see Edwina and Iva. Tonight we've just come back to the room and uploaded photos and got ready for yet another early morning and a massive day of driving. Barcelona tomorrow.

Lots of love xox

About hanw


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.