Existing Member?

Han's Big Trip

Paris and Switzerland

FRANCE | Monday, 16 May 2011 | Views [470] | Comments [1]

Hey guys!
I’m now on the bus travelling from France to Switzerland. We spent an amazing two nights and one day in Paris! 
I packed everything up and said my sad “cya laters” to my gorgeous friends at the pub. Ali and I stayed at a hostel in Kings Cross so I was nice and close to the hotel I had to be at at 6am the next morning. We had a lovely dinner at Wagamamas and had dessert in the hostel. Rolo yogurt. Yum! In the morning said goodbye to Ali We left London at 6.45am Wednesday 12th May and headed to Dover to get on the ferry to Calis in France. We then met Iva the driver and Edwina the bus who will be driving us around Europe for the next 21 days. It took about 4 hours to get to our hotel. On the way we played speed dating where we moved around the bus and met a few people. We didn’t get to speak to everyone but it was good to meet some people. We were all sooo tired so I didn’t remember most peoples names but we’re slowing starting to get to know each other. Alan, our tour guide, spoke to us heaps  and gave us loads of info but we were so tired it was hard to stay awake to listen. When we got to the hotel we checked in, had a lil rest after a massive day and went to dinner across the road. Not the best meal every but it filled a big hole in the stomach. It was cold tomato with shaved egg and a mustard dressing for starter and chicken with chips and some lettuce for main. After dinner we hopped back on the bus to go and see Paris at night. We got off the bus and had a little walk around a cathedral modelled on St. Pauls cathedral. It was pretty cool. It was nice and white and apparently that’s because it has a cleaning agent in it so when it rains it cleans itself. Cleaver. There was a beautiful view of Paris from the front of the cathedral but unfortunately there were trees blocking the view to the  Eiffel Tower. We hopped back on the bus and went passed the Moulin Rouge. It was a quick passing but it was cool to see. We went passed the Lourve and the last hotel Princess Diana ever stayed in. We saw the tunnel she was killed in, hitting the 13th pillar and her memorial rose garden. We went down the shopping street which was amazing. There was a massive Louis Vitton store there as well as all the high street shops. It’s something like a few million to have a store there. We went passed the Arc de Triomphe and saw the Eiffel Tower sparking in the distance. The lights sparkle every hour at night. It looked amazing. We got to get off the bus at the Eiffel Tower and take photos which was amazing! It was so surreal being there! Its been my dream since I can remember to go to Paris and see the Tower so it was extra special for me. Once we’d taken some photos we hoped back on the bus and headed back to the hotel for the most amazing sleep! It wasn’t long enough but it was great regardless. 
The next day (day 2) we got dropped off at the Lourve and started exploring Paris. We went into the Lourve and saw the Mona Lisa which was amazing but it was crazy busy so it wasn’t as special. It is so big you cant see everything but it was amazing seeing what we saw. We went into Napoleons Apartments which were sooo extravagant. The were so many chandeliers! It was beautiful. I could imagine the dinner parties they had at the tables. After the Lourve we went to the Notre Dame and had a look around. Then we walked for ages trying to find the metro to get us to the Arc du Triomphe. The round about at the Arc was sooo crazy. They don’t have lines on the road so cars were just driving where ever they want. One of the guys ended up running across the round about and getting into trouble with the police at the other side. After the Arc we walked to the Eiffel tower and Kat and I went up to the 2nd level. The top was closed which was pretty disappointing but it was till amazing up there. The lift was pretty scary as it felt like you could fall at any moment. Once we got down we met up with some others and had ice cream sitting on the grass under the tower. It was pretty amazing. 
There were a lot of African people selling key rings under the tower and every so often police would come and they would all run off. It was pretty amusing to watch. 
At 7pm we had a picnic with the rest of our group before getting changed on the bus and going to a Cabaret show. The show was incredible. The dancers were so talented! It was mostly topless too so the boys loved it. The men in the show weren’t too shabby either but you could tell they were enjoying it a lil too much. We got half a bottle of wine each so most of us were a lil tipsy by the end and  in the mood to party so the bus ride back to the hotel was pretty funny. There was  a lil mini club going on at the back of the bus and loads of people in the isle. Back at the hotel there was a party in room 219 which we went to for a bit but ended up sneaking out because we were too tired.
The next day (day 3) we drove to Switzerland. It is so amazing here! It had been beautiful weather in Paris, so much so that most of us got sunburnt. But it wasn’t the best weather the next day so when we arrived at the camp site it was raining, as it is again now, so we couldn’t see the tops of the mountains. We had a delicious cooked meal for dinner and yummy dessert. We were having a PJ party after dinner but  our cabin came back to the warmth and had girly chats and decided it was too cold and wet to bother going to the bar so we went to bed instead. 
This morning (day 4) we got up, had breakfast and came back to bed for a lil snooze. Once we were up and showered we had a walk into town and had a look around. it’s a tiny little town and most places were closed as it’s Sunday. We’re staying in Lauterbrunnen which in a gorgeous valley surrounded by the most beautiful mountains. We caught a cable car up to a place called Grutschalp then caught a train to Murren where there is another small town with lots of hotels so I assume its mostly used in winter. After being at the top for about 10 mins it started to snow a little bit but then it really came down and you couldn’t see anything anymore. It was really strange considering we were still sunburnt from Paris the day before and now we were in Switzerland in the snow! It was gorgeous to see it snow but it was a shame as we went up there for a view of the other mountains and the valley but he snow was so bad we couldn’t see them. We came back down and met up with some others from our tour who were planning on going  sky diving so we waited with them for a bit. While we were waiting we saw the helicopter go up and two people jumped! It was incredible to see and I was very nervous for them! Unfortunately they were the only two that got to go out of the 2 tours staying here because the weather suddenly got so bad. 
So, it has been an amazing trip so far! I’ve taken sooo many photos that I will upload as soon as I get somewhere where its free to use the internet. It’s costing me 3 swiss franc to use this wi fi for half an hour. It’s worth it though so I can send this and tell you all I miss you and cant wait to see you and bore you with all my photos and travel stories.
We’re going back to France tomorrow to Avignon. I cant wait for some more sunshine. Its cold here!
Hope all is well back home.
Lots of love to you all
Love Hannah xox
PS i havent proof read so sorry if it doesnt make sense!

Comments

1

:O You sound like you are having such an amazing time! So jealous! Wish we were getting sun burnt here- it's dull and cloudy, they keep saying we're going to have 'torrential rain' but its spits for a minute and thats it, so its annoying trying to plan anything!
You've done so much already...cant wait to read more :D
Miss you lots, its weird at the pub without you!
xxxxxxx

  Ophelia May 16, 2011 5:31 AM

About hanw


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.