Existing Member?

Hackett Travels Life's about the journey, not the destination

1st Day in Perth

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 4 June 2013 | Views [275]

Ringing the bells!

Ringing the bells!

Our travels didn't start too smoothly with an hour's delay before we left Brisbane due to 'technical issues' with the plane!  This meant we didn't get to the hotel in Perth and into bed until about 4am Queensland time!

After catching up on some sleep in an amazingly comfy bed we went off to explore Perth.  I'm going to try uploading some pictures but its not working properly at the moment!  Highlights of our wanderings round Perth include the Bell Tower with bells from St Martin in the Fields in London - very modern setting for some very old bells.  We got to watch a professional and then have a go at ringing them ourselves, plus the views of Perth and the river were awesome.  Kings Park was another highlight - very peaceful, even better views of the city/river and scones with wine/beer!

As a footnote we spotted a Jamie's Italian during the day and headed back for dinner - I naively thought it wouldn't be that busy on a Tuesday night but after being told it was an hour and 45 minute wait for a table for 2 we kept walking!!

Tomorrow we're planning to head to Rottnest Island so fingers crossed the beautiful sunny weather we had today stays around for another day.

Tags: city sights, perth

About hannahhackett

At Cloudy Bay

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.