Existing Member?

The Awesome Adventures of Hannah and Emma

I smell like lamb OR Drinking in Japan

JAPAN | Tuesday, 15 September 2009 | Views [872] | Comments [3]

Today we went to the Sapporro Beer Factory/Museum/Biergarten and I feel like it's a great segue into the topic of drinking in Japan.

For those of you with the misconception that Japan is full of conservative tee-totalers, you are highly mistaken. The ppl here could even give Hannah and I a run for our money. It's no big deal to order a beer with breakfast at 8:30am at the train station (my dad, not me I swear!), the bars are open until 4:30am (a poor choice when stumbling home at 6am when you have to check out of your hotel at 10am) and the Beer Factory has an all-you-can-eat/drink for 100min lamb/beer special which makes for a wonderful late morning lunch haha.


The downside: you kind of smell weird after all of these experiences. They let you smoke EVERYWHERE (even McDonalds - sacrilege I know) so after 5 days and 100 shampoos my hair still smells of smoke. and there is no more pungent odor than that of beer and lamb lingering on your skin/clothes/hair... EVERYTHING SMELLS LIKE LAMB!!


well that's it for now... stay tuned for the hilarious story of how we almost had to shower together and the never-ending quest for "western" washrooms.


xo

PS thanks for all the comments! :)

Tags: beer, drinking, japan, lamb, saporro

Comments

1

That sounds like heaven in some form ... glad to see your maximizing your experience in Japan with the mass consumption of alcohol! *thumbs up*
looking forward to shower story :P
cheerio

  Bobby Macnab Sep 16, 2009 11:44 PM

2

Sounds like you girl's are having an amazing time. Ode to be young and full of life. "Enjoy"

  Jany Munro Sep 17, 2009 8:06 AM

3

Absolutely love these blogs, always good for a laugh. Glad to know you girls are doing so well and having a great time. Campus isn't the same without you. Looking forward to the next crazy story. Until then good luck with the backpacks and pursuit for washrooms. xo

  Shannon Sep 18, 2009 5:25 AM

About hannahandemma


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.