Existing Member?

Whispering tales of Magic

Dish Pan Hands and Cabin Fever

FRANCE | Tuesday, 16 February 2010 | Views [455]

This week I have mainly been scrubbing.

I have scrubbed toilets, polished windows, hovered mattresses, mopped floors, emptied all the kitchen cupboards, washed them then put everything back, scrubbed skirting boards and defrosted the freezer.

It is mid season deep clean, and I’m not allowed out skiing until it is all signed off by Luke. Frustratingly, the weather has been fan-bloody-tastic as well, bright blue skies, good snow and warm sunshine. Oh well, on a bright note, its half term and the resort is rammed, so its carnage out on the slopes, maybe I’m better off inside anyway.

I have managed a full week of going to bed in my PJ’s, so feeling much more refreshed after a week of decent sleep.

My guest who was breaking crockery has left, so my kitchen is safe again, this weeks guests are a quiet bunch, so not much to tell about them really.

Oh yeah, nearly forgot in all the excitement of scrubbing this week- I jumped off a cliff on Friday! I did a Parapent and skied off the edge of a cliff with a parachute attached. It was BRILL! The views were fantastic and the feeling was amazing. My guests came to watch me and were alarmed when they realised they had to ski down black run to see it- ooops, but they did it and survived.

Hopefully I will be finished cleaning by lunchtime on Tuesday, so i can ski in the afternoon, but if not I will definitely be out on Wednesday. We are doing a Valley Rally, a bit like a treasure hunt round the mountain, in skis of course and lots of crazy daft tasks to complete on the way like kissing a lift operator and licking someone wearing a one piece ski suit, I think it will be a fun day out. Dress code for the event is Tight and Bright- that could get interesting...............

Ok, I’m off to scrub some more stuff, don’t stand still too long in the chalet, you might get scrubbed clean!

Take care xxx

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.