Existing Member?

Whispering tales of Magic

In the beginning..........

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 17 December 2008 | Views [481] | Comments [3]

Ok, so here goes......

I came back from Africa having had an amazing holiday, to find out I was going to be out of a job in March. All of a sudden i was at a loose end, the world was literally my oyster, i could go anywhere, do anything, be the master of my own destiny, and best of all work were going to fund it all by paying me redundancy money! What more could a girl ask for? (Except of course calorie free chocolate and an unlimited shoe allowance!)

So "Why?" i hear you asking, "Did you pick Ireland?"

One very simple reason, my best friend, Claire, (Hi Claire if you're reading this!) She's been there about 7 years now, and everytime i visit she tells me i should move over, well now i've called her bluff and I'm taking her up on it!

So for now, I am going to enjoy Christmas. Then begins the arduous task of packing all my belongings into cardboard boxes (again), buying tickets for the ferry, and deciding if i can manage without red satin evening gown initially, or do i pack it as an essential? Please advise.

So thats it, not much to tell for now, but as the adventure gathers momentum, and i have more to tell, I will keep you all updated. Take Care xx

Comments

1

well done you, live life and be happy thats the most important. i dont think you will ever change and thats great. oh swedish blonde remember your ruby wax suit for ireland ok. lol love you kay xxxx

  kay Dec 19, 2008 12:18 AM

2

Ha-Ha!! I am reading it, know you never thought I would!!! Cannot wait for you to move over, am soooooo excited! have been asking you for 9yrs actually! can you believe it's taken you that long to finally say yes?! We are going to have the time of our lives! Not promising it will all be good, but we will laugh together, certainly cry together (we are both a bit wet!!) fall out and make up. There is certainly going to be tough times but these will only serve to make us appreciate the not so tough times! It's always going to be noisy and chaotic and there's always something to take a turn at and you are guaranteed plenty of dramas amidst the chaos (Joe's in a cast again...have received a christmas card from the A&E staff,1st name terms @ this stage!)not sure if the drama follows me...or I create it!?! But I am sure that from the end of March i'll be doing it all with you by my side and no matter what the world throws at us we will face it together and solve it all with that invincible remedy that is ...a cuppa cha & biccies!! So here's to you for being brave enough and bold enough to take control of your destiny and step out of the familiar and the safe and head across the water to the land of the green, take a chance and see what's in your pot of gold @ the end of your rainbow....Thank you x x x x x ps. JG says bring the Swedish blonde with you!!!

  Claire Dec 21, 2008 2:09 AM

3

LOL LOL LOL
I love cups of tea and biscuits, i'm sure i can learn to love a&e, and tell John the swedish blond is called Heidi Velvet Whiplash and she can't wait to come to Ireland!!!!!!
NOT LONG NOW!!!!! xxxxxxxx

  swedish blond Dec 21, 2008 1:15 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.