Existing Member?

Hannah's Adventure Graduated, worked a while and decided enough is enough and took the plunge to book an around the world ticket and travel until the money runs out.

Perfect day for skydiving!

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 21 October 2008 | Views [310]

We did it!!  Very excited that today we did our skydive over Lake Wanaka! To date, this has to be the most exciting thing I have done.  The views were amazing, the mountains all topped with snow, clear blue lakes - couldn't have asked for a better weather day as there was not a cloud in the sky.  We only decided the day before that we would like to do the dive here.  So me, Lou and Ellie, climbed into the tiny plane with our tandam masters (mine was called Geoff, a prankster who introduced himself as the new guy, said he usually drives the van and that today he had been promoted to a skydive master!) and camera men, up to 12,000 ft.  I was the last one to jump from the plane. It all happened so fast, after a 45 second freefall my pink parachute opened and we then touched ground. I have a DVD and CD full of photos to prove to you all that it actually happened. The only thing is, it is a little tricky putting them onto the computer at the moment - but watch this space, I will have them on here very soon! 

And I would do it all again.....maybe not at the moment as my left ear hasn't cleared since I jumped and I feel practically deaf - but if I have the funds in OZ, I'll do it.

About hannah_on_her_travels


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.