Existing Member?

Hannah's Adventure Graduated, worked a while and decided enough is enough and took the plunge to book an around the world ticket and travel until the money runs out.

Auckland so far!

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 26 September 2008 | Views [275] | Comments [1]

This is my 3rd full day in Auckland. I have done so much walking since we've been here.  First impression of the city - it is steep! Our first night we went to the cinema as they had a cheap night - went to see Step Brothers (not worth it at all, weird film).  We visited Minus 5 Bar the next night which was worth it. It's an ice bar, they provide coats and gloves for you and you spend half hour in the bar, which doesn't sound a lot, but at -65 it was long enough! During the days so far we visited the Sky Tower, the tallest building in the South Pacific.  Today I took a boat journey to Rangitoto which is a 600 year old volcanic island and I hiked all the way to the top.  The views were worth it as you could see the whole city skyline and much more.

We've managed to booked our campervan for the next 5 weeks.  There are now 5 of us travelling together and we collect it Saturday. Really looking forward to seeing what else New Zealand has to offer. It's going to be an exciting road trip.

I have added photos onto facebook, still learning how to add them on here.  But I will find out soon.

Comments

1

Looking forward to the NZ pictures !
Found comments very interesting.

Keep enjoying.
Malcolm

  malcolm Oct 13, 2008 1:15 AM

About hannah_on_her_travels


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.