Existing Member?

Hannah's Adventure Graduated, worked a while and decided enough is enough and took the plunge to book an around the world ticket and travel until the money runs out.

Bit of Baywatch moment in La La Land!

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 10 September 2008 | Views [271]

We crammed everything we wanted to do into 3 days in LA.  We stayed along the coast at a place called Venice Beach.  Our hostel literally looked out at the beach which was perfect, we made a good choice in location.  Venice Beach itself has something for everyone - constantly busy, there are always people running, cycling or rollerblading at all times of the day - far too energetic.  Although I feel for a woman to live here you would have to seriously invest in make-up, full face done up just to go for a run!  We hired out bikes with the intention to cycle to Malibu, but we then realised the track ran out at Santa Monica so we just stayed there as the freeways didn't look that much fun!

We ventured back to Santa Monica the next day on public transport, we were going to go further but so much was happening along the main street we stayed put.  We popped into Macys and had a make over!!  Feeling 'totally LA' we hit the beach and had a swim in the sea (although it was 'seriously' cold)!  Got chatting to a lovely lifeguard called John who we ended up meeting later that night for a few drinks and a game of pool, along with two of his other friends, Scott and Chad, also lifeguards.  Shame we couldn't stay longer!!

Final day we went to Hollywood - booked on a tour which took us to Rodeo Drive, now have a picture of the famous hotel that was in Pretty Women, Sunset Bvld, Berverly Hills, saw the Hollywood sign, Kodak Theatre, the strip with all the stars names, and also outside of the Chinese Theatre I took a picture of George Clooney's hand/foot print! We got taken to the Farmers Market then to the Beverly Centre which would have been great if we were at the end of our trip, not at the start!  After seeing all the sights we headed to the airport to board our flight to Fiji which is where I am typing this from - so far Fiji looks amazing - can't wait to see more.

I'll add photos at a later date.  Picked up a few annoying words so far in LA, 'totally', 'seriously', 'like' to name a few - it's annoying me so I am sure it's annoying Lou! 

About hannah_on_her_travels


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.