Existing Member?

Hannah and Jase's World Tour

Ayuthaya - Sukothai: 3rd - 7th Feb

THAILAND | Wednesday, 7 February 2007 | Views [715]

After spending 6 days in Bangkok as we waited for our Cambodia / Vietnam Visas and our tailored made suits to be finished, Hannah and I then headed north by train to Ayuthaya for the start of our culture trip. After 2 days we then took a 5 hour bus trip to Sukothai even further north as we are en route for Chiang Mai.

Ayuthaya and Sukothai were once capitals of Thailand and between them boast impressive temples, buddhas and wats. So Hannah and I hired bicycles to roam around the old cities and took photographs and did some paintings.

I have been dropping the camera one too many times so I may need to buy a new one! Hannah and I have just completed a tiring 6 hour bus trip to Chiang Mai and we are staying in a nice basic guesthouse with hot water for 250 Baht - 4 pounds a night.

We are planning to do a 3 day trek up in the very north of thailand on the border to myanmar (burma) this friday. Really looking forward to that as we get to go elephant riding and rafting. We will be staying with the hill tribes. We chose this route as apparently it is off the beaten track and not so touristy.

We are planning to stay in Chiang Mai for about 10 days and then move further north towards to the Laos border and probably stay in Chiang Rai for a couple of days. We can only be in Laos for 15 days so the plan will be to cross over in around 22nd.

Tags: Culture

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.