Existing Member?

Hannah and Jase's World Tour

First Day

INDIA | Thursday, 28 December 2006 | Views [580]

It took us 1 and a 1/2 hours to check in our baggage at Heathrow,  so we only had about 45 mins to have a look around the shops.  We will be carrying our WHSmiths voucher from Jason’s Nan and granddad about for the whole year! Virgin flights are ace.  Loads of leg room....... Jason watched Superman the new movie that I didn't want to see a few months ago.  The taxi to the hotel took us what seemed like miles and then we arrived at around 1pm.  Turns out it isn't that far.  A bit like being in Collierswood - in relation to London central. MMMmm the hotel room is really grotty, but once we had settled down.  The Fan, air conditioning, fridge, toilet and shower work, even though they are out of the dark ages! We were really tired yesterday and had a quick look around, but not for long.  Turns out we are right next to a local train station.  We had an American breakfast this morning of scrambled egg and sweet tinned orange juice.  Then caught the train into Mumbai central.  It’s a bit of a national holiday today (not officially, but they have taken the day off) and there isn't much open.  So the train was empty and a nice ride in for fifty pence. Jason insisted on standing by the door as it was open and you can see out and fall out if you want too.  He commented that it was amazing how nannied we are in England. 35degrees when we arrived, doesn't seem too bad today.  We are currently near the 'gateway to India'.  Getting used to the dodge the taxi cab game. Russian roulette on their roads!  

 

Tags: Culture

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.