Existing Member?

G's Africa Travel Journal Graham's Journey to Africa. Starting with climbing Kilimanjaro, a photo safari in Kenya, followed by a 71 day overland trip from Nairobi to Cape Town via the Gorillas in Rwanda & Hot Air Balloon safari over the Serengeti.

Perth to Dubai

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 24 August 2013 | Views [442]

Saturday 24th August (Perth)

Got up feeling slightly delicate after last nights excesses with all the ex-zimbos.  Made worse by the fact that my body is still on Queensland time and I woke up at about 4:30am wide awake.  Had a few things to do before I left so just got up and got on with them.  First was setting up this journal on line while I am away & various other online things.  I also wanted to re-pack my back for the 50th time, so that I could decrease some of the weight and re-organise a bit.  That took most of the day with one small trip to the shops to buy a travel adapter.  Not the one I wanted but the only one for Africa I could find.

Paula cooked a great dinner or Chorizo & Peas and then after saying good byes to everyone Andrew gave me a lift to the Airport. On checking in I said to the lady that I had some Emirates miles that were expriring ad want to use them as an upgrade to business class.  No such luck! I had less than half the points required and business class was sold out.  On the plus side my luggage was under weight, I had 29.9kgs with the limit being 30kgs.

Having flown all over the world, on many different airlines over the years I always seem to sit next to some idiot.  Even got drooled on by an old granny once.  Today I was hoping that it might be an exception and I would sit next to someone normal that I could chat to! But no! Just the usual senario! A total idiot who spent the flight opening and closing his legs about 60 times a minute and could not keep his arms by his side.  I got dug in the ribs everytime he ate or talked - he was an Italian from Scicily and did a lot of gesticulating! He was soon educated on where to keep his elbows etc.  Hopefull, one day in my next life I will sit next to someone who is normal! Not a total muppet.  There is always the flight from Dubai to Nairobi to have another dose of sitting next to a total muppet............again! Rant over.

First time in my life on a plane that I have slept well.  Only watched 1 film on a 10hr 55 min flight and that was .......wait for it............Finding Nemo!  Didn't fancy anything too serious.

Tags: dubai, perth, zimbos

 

About grahammac


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.