Existing Member?

Adventures of the Fittons

Monday 26th September 11, Arugrum bay, Sri Lanka

SRI LANKA | Wednesday, 28 September 2011 | Views [427]

Sri Lanka is a very different country from what we have seen so far and reminds me a lot of India. The people are very nice, but try to overcharge you all the time and for some reason, hassling doesn't really work well here. Ending up in Graham and Ronan nearly getting into a fight as the Tuk-tuk driver suddenly ask twice as much as agreed to. And as well as me Graham has a huge problem whith dishonest people.

Thank God we have the very cute kids all around who love to wave at us and get all exited when we wave back at them.

The scenery is very pretty here, with banana huts all along the beach and colourful boats on the beach. You can still see the effects of the Tsunami in some places where not everything has been rebuild. As well as boats with: given by the Routery of Belgium on it. It's always good to see that people want to show off that they are giving to the poor out of total selflessness.

After a day of chilling out, walking on the beach, going for a refreshing swim and surf for the boys, there awaits us an amazing fish barbecue on the beach. Complete with candles and home cooked pumpkin currys by Kandy (not a big breasted sripper), our hotel manager who is also the guard, cook and cleaner.

As I look up from my position, totaly entangles in my own limps on my yoga mat, I'm impressed by the boys core strength as they have been surfing all day and now came along to enjoy the yoga as well. Our yoga teacher is a surfer as well, with a long goatee and a very wirey build. I get this image of a leprehan look alike on a surf board when I picture him on one. He is obviously from California as he stimulates us to take better positions by saying, Beautiful brothers and sisters, just like a wave, stick that tailbone up. I can't help but love him, as he turn into the subject of many jokes of the boys.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Sri Lanka

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.