Existing Member?

Adventures of the Fittons

Thursday 25th August 11 - San Cristobal, Galapagos

ECUADOR | Friday, 26 August 2011 | Views [280]

As I´m sitting on the sea bed all by myself it suddenly hits me. This is really cool. I´m diving! Graham finally got me this far as I´m a bit unconfortable under water. We found a really nice dude named Shy at the Wrecked bay dive center. Who gives us plenty of information and taked it slow. It freaks me out a bit at first to breath through the mask as you have to sort of suck the air in and push it out again, which makes you sound like Darth Vader when on the surface. Then they put all this gear on you which weights about 20 kilo and tell you to just step of the pier, into the water. A bit mad Ted. We swim around on the sea bed, which is more like a sort of hovearing. We don´t see as much fish as we did when snorkeling earlier as the water got a lot colder over night and this seems to have made most of the fish disappear. But Sammy the seal is our constant companion, swimming right opto our mask and playing games with the rope of the dive instructor´s buoy.

It´s a tranquile experiance being there under water, floting there, being weightless. Everything is slow and quite. Shy tells us that we went to a dept of 7 meters and it was 16 C. I suppose that´s a good start. Up for the open water course!

In the afternoon we stroll over to Tongo Reef, where this time we are allowed to pass the navy base and check out the surf there.I wonder if it has something to do with the short dress with clevadge Graham requested me to wear. The surf looks pretty good as I watch Graham catching some nice waves as I write this.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.