Existing Member?

Adventures of the Fittons

Sunday 12th June 11 - Rio surf and stay

BRAZIL | Sunday, 12 June 2011 | Views [317]

Our adventures continue, as we speed along the road, wave hunting, with our new Brazilian friends Julio and Maisa. As i~m hitting my head on the roof of the car, he tells us that Rio people have a crazy drive stile(apose to his i asume...) As he is from San paulo, I asume there is some rivalty between the city~s as Amsterdam en Rotterdam, Cork and Dublin.

We pass one amazing beach after the other, assessing the way brake. Apparently it~s to windy today, but the boys give it a try anyway. As i~m chilling here on the beach, i admire the emmence beauty of the mountains just behind the beach, called Prianha. It looks like a sceen from the movie ~the beach~.

I think back at yesterday, when we had a bit of a scary moment as we went for a strole around looking for an ATM. When the receptionist happend to forgot to tell us that it looked a lot like a faveala area, with uncomfortable dark ally~s. We wont be doing that again.

We decided to stay another couple of days and the head for Paraty, which is suposse to be really pretty. Apparently where we are now is really the surf Mekka. They just had the surf competition here. As you will all remember they wished us a great honeymoon-surftrip in Ronan~s speech as he walked into the dudes staying at his hotel as he was there because of another flight. (the man had a hard life).

As we pull into the car park we pass Royee Gracie, who is an famous Jujitsu fighter, i~m told by the boy~s and who also surfs by the look of it. But then again, surfing seems to be a national sport here.

Ronan left yesterday afternoon as he had to fly himself back in the evening. We had lots of funn with the honeymooncrasher. We went to this restaurant were they served pieces of meat on a stick and when you wanted a some, they sliced it of with a big knife. protein party Ronan calls it, and it surely tasted good. Just as the wine we had, wich was a Malbec and a good competition for the wine we had at the start of the Camino. It needs no further explenation that i had some problems with the side effects of it the next morning as Ronan also introduced me to the Caprina~s. Which is full of all sort of good stuff and some lime i found out. A nice evening it was. Even though i did feel a bit like the 4 musketiers, missing Martanjan(as Marlies was beeing baptised as she was not there to object)Hopefully we can meet up with them later, that would be cool.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.