Existing Member?

Midwesterner Abroad

Transatlantic Love

SPAIN | Monday, 11 June 2007 | Views [669]

Painting was supposed to be a priority today, but I got home, and got distracted and now Sergio is in the bathroom and I am here suffering and desperate to pee...and I don't think I'll make it in time to get any work done. I'm not very organized or motivated lately, and in less than a month, i'm getting married here in Barcelona, and a month after that, another ceremony at home in Missouri. God. My mother is so unhappy with me. She feels that me falling in love with someone from another country is a conscious choice on my part to be far away from here. In the end, the truth is, I never planned to live next door or very nearby. And if I had, my idea would have been to travel a lot. I think she just never imagined it'd be quite so far away. Jesus and I are both very sure about this decision though. Otherwise we would have never gotten to this point, because we know, wherever we live it's going to be hard on at least one of our families. Yay, happy subjects. Maybe he's out of the bathroom now....I can hope.

Tags: People

About graciejean1982


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.