Existing Member?

Il bel far niente

Humanity

EGYPT | Thursday, 21 May 2015 | Views [174] | Scholarship Entry

humanity is the reason why we are kind to each other , if we consider it in our life , that would be awesome .
Today , on my way home . A Syrian young woman rode the bus , her face has carried all the expressions of injustice and oppression , she asked me in shy about how much is the ticket , and i answered her . then a gentle man gave her his chair to sit down .
her daughter couldn't stand the hot weather of Egypt . she told me she paid 3000 dollars to pass from Libya to Egypt , they didn't have enough money so only her and her little daughter " ghazal " passed . the rest of the family are there and suffering from the war in Libya . i cried while listening to her story of a destroyed family . i wonder how can a man sleep the night with a 1000 person killed or force moved from their home .
How can Arab rulers sleep the night in safe , while thousands are homeless because of their struggles .
this beautiful woman who i may never meet again made me believe in Life again and gave me hope and power that all this will be over soon .
i still don't know when exactly this " soon " will be but till then , me , you - my dearest reader - and the people should treat others with mercy and gentleness .

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About goodtimes


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.