Existing Member?

Our Travel Adventures What a great gift to be on this trip as a family! We are so grateful! Bring on the adventure, fun, closeness, unity, exanding love, joy, and laughter! We will bring back great stories to share!! We love you all so much!

Outrageous Mt. Camdeboo!!!!

SOUTH AFRICA | Thursday, 23 July 2009 | Views [572] | Comments [1]

Well we arrived at Mt. Camdeboo after a two day drive, and were met by the staff with a hot cider welcome and Land Rover for 10 to whisk us away to our Manor House.  The 9 of us (The Bilton's and Riandi's parents) were the only guests at the private game reserve.  59,000 acres and wildlife and staff to ourselves.  We absolutely felt like royalty the 5 days we spent there.  Our rooms were amazing with beautiful furniture, netting over the beds, heated floors and decadent bathrooms.  Each day we were suprised by the staff several times.  We enjoyed a morning game drive, and a sunset game drive everyday.  The wildlife was spectacular, and each drive we were suprised by more unbelievable animals.  We saw cheetahs, rhinos, giraffe, kudu, springbok, oryx, wart hogs, porcipines, jackals, water mongoose, zebras, ostrich, cape buffalo and beautiful flowers, birds and breathtaking scenery.  Too many animals to mention them all.  Our most amazing sunset drive was coming upon 2 cheetah who had just killed a kudu and were eating it 15 feet away from our Landrover!  Outrageous!  Did I mention the food??  Over the top!!  After our morning game drive we would have a yummy brunch, tea and goodies at 3:00 and 7:30 dinner.  It was all linen, crystal, silver and candles!  Each night they suprised us with a different location for dinner.  One night they lit 30 plus lanterns to light our path after our game drive, and the meal was served around a blazing fire.  Our last night, they suprised us with serving our entire meal in the bush.  They started setting up at 4:00 with tables, chairs, linen, and crystal with candles and lanterns and a fire.  We had a traditional Brai (barbeque) and enjoyed ostrich skewers, lamb chops and kudu medallions.  Not to mention the fantastic desserts and coffee and roobios tea!!  The staff was amazing, and we had a Ranger/naturalist named Ettiene who was AMAZING as our game driver and shared so much about the conservation and particulars of all of the flora and fauna.  We enjoyed lots of down time there as well, as the weather during the day was warm.  Nights and mornings were chilly, but all of the game drives we were given hot water bottles and blankets and ponchos.  We even had hot water bottles in our bed when they turned down the sheets.  We are spoiled forever, and consider ourselves so amazingly blessed to get to experience God's awesome creation so up close and personal.  We all definately want to go back!!!  Who is coming with us???  It was a magical time, and we kept pinching one another!!  South Africa is really gorgeous!

Comments

1

Your blog is so fantastic to read! It sounds like the trip of a lifetime...and we can't wait to see some pictures...and hear more about this!
What a wonderful...*amazing* experience you are having!
Thanks for sharing with us...
Lynne

  Lynne Moore Jul 27, 2009 4:00 AM

About godt2009


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.