Existing Member?

What Was I Thinking?!? Whilst in a foreign country, it is recommended to try new foods, learn the language, and alienate as many locals as possible.

Damn

CHINA | Sunday, 6 September 2009 | Views [700] | Comments [2]

I'm not feeling to well today. I think I might be coming down with something... Just kidding. Those at work should get a good chuckle out of that. It's actually not a hangover this time though, guys. It's allergies. They've been bothering me off and on the whole time, but today I woke up wishing my sinuses would just get it over with and explode. So right now, I'm listening to Jason Mraz's version of "A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall" while eating a fresh peach and hoping this goes away soon so I can work on homework and preparing for the classes which, oh by the way, start tomorrow. It's a little terrifying. The fresh peach, for your information, I picked myself when we went on a field trip to a traditional Chinese farm. I took pictures, but there wasn't much to see. It was just trees as far as the eye could see. It also smelled like poo. I think that was Wednesday. It might've been Thursday. I can't remember.

All I know is that the same day we went to the farm, we also went to the seaside by a fisherman's village. Some of those pictures were cool. I haven't uploaded them yet though, so don't get too excited.

Yesterday, we went into Dalian. I didn't take any pictures there because we weren't doing our tour. It was mostly just a "exchange money, get food, buy a few random things, and leave" trip. Highly uneventful. Except that we got to eat something called Hot Pot, which was pretty good. Everyone else seemed to love it, but I was only mildly impressed. Well, as far as edibility goes. The presentation was spectacular. Took pics of that too. Will upload when I feel like it. We did make our first new Chinese friend at the bank when we were exchanging our money. His name was Ho something. I don't remember. Technically, Tyler and Sarah made friends with him. I just walked up and got in on the action. He gave us his phone number for when we get our own cell phones.

More later.

Tags: allergies, city, dalian, farm, fisherman, hot pot, sarah, tyler

Comments

1

Yeah, right, allergies ...

Seriously, though, it sounds like you are having a great time. Hang in there on the Chinese, it will get easier.

Love all of the photos, keep them coming.

  Lori Sep 10, 2009 11:59 PM

2

Just text the shuai guy already!!! You're pissing me off!!!!! If you text him today, we might be able to meet up with him this weekend in Dalian... just sayin.
; )

  avoidthenastyones Sep 11, 2009 11:20 AM

About godohell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.