Existing Member?

All the other birds are migrating south My life of excess has come to a halt. I’m making my own yellow brick road in The Americas. Here’s hoping The Wizard of Oz has a better answer for me than a pair of shiny red slippers

Never judge a book from its cover

BRAZIL | Saturday, 5 March 2011 | Views [520] | Comments [3]

The internet here is really slow, so let's see how I go...

With Rio comes the good, the bad, and the ugly. I've heard so much so far on my travels, but I only have two words... 'dirty' and 'poor'. A bit sad really. Tagging is not an artist's form of self expression but a silly scribble on a wall, building or bridge. Pavements are cracked from who knows what and it's just generally unpleasant. Out of the bus station I thought to myself, 'why would anyone want to have the Olympic games here?' Football World Cup I can understand. But this place makes me feel a lil uneasy. I was expecting to see beaches, but I woke up to tooting horns and favalas. Rio, I have arrived and am willing to seek the true beauty of this sometimes troubled city. 

Right now I'm just waiting to check in to my hotel. Yes, I splashed out. I had scrambled eggs and sausages and am feeling pretty pleased with myself. Im gonna take a long hot shower and wash the 18-hour bus ride off me. Wait for Olly and have a nana nap. Ready for tonight's escapades. So much to do in so little time. I'm only here for four nights then I set off to The Pantanal.

Comments

1

Yeeha Baby...THE CARNIVAL [Brazil wot!!! lol] Have heaps of fun with your new adventures, new people to meet, new discoveries and party, party, party...(You've had all your 'warm-ups' hee hee. Now it's time to get 'serious') Hear from u in...let me see...3 or 4 days...gulp! luv xxx...ooo...

  Ange Samuela Mar 5, 2011 9:21 AM

2

Hi Gloria,
On the yahoo page they have a story running showing the carnival photos from last year. Because I know you're there I had a good look at not only the main pictures but all of the information outside the main shot. There are people in all the street balcony buildings and on the footpaths. Where are or have you been while the parade has been on or has it not been yet? Then I went on line to see if you had added to your journal and there was the entry with 'don't read a book by it's cover'. You take care over there and thoroughly enjoy the entertainment, bright colours, beautiful bodies and festivities. It looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait to see some photos. We all love you.
Auntie Tee

  Auntie Tee Mar 6, 2011 5:55 PM

3

Cuz..

O, O, X, triangle, right, up, right (On the D-PAD) ...."Hadoken combo"

That'll keep you safe in RIO.....

:)

  Fifae..... Mar 7, 2011 5:03 PM

About gloriamelody


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.