Existing Member?

All the other birds are migrating south My life of excess has come to a halt. I’m making my own yellow brick road in The Americas. Here’s hoping The Wizard of Oz has a better answer for me than a pair of shiny red slippers

Sunday roast

BRAZIL | Monday, 28 February 2011 | Views [376]

Okay it wasn't a roast and it wasn't Sunday. But I had a home cooked meal and sat around the family dinner table with my new rainbow family; two Argentinians, two Chileans, two Australians, an Italian and me (beat that Branglina). We had tuna pasta and salad, and sat around for hours drinking vodka. Not everyone spoke English and most spoke Spanish, so I spent some of my time nodding and pretending to understand what everyone was saying (I'm becoming quite the pro). Funny thing is when it came to drinking games we were all on the same page. I taught everyone the musical game that we used to play as kids. Don't think I have laughed so much on this trip. After dinner and three bottles of vodka we headed to Moona Lisa. Moona Lisa is a club just five metres from our hostel. It actually went off last night. Not that I spent much time there. We ended up skinny dipping at the beach. Seems I got nude after all.

The thing about these beaches is you cant walk 200 meters without walking past another bar and it would be rude not to have a drink. So by the time I've made my way back to the hostel after laying in the sun all day, I'm fully on my way. We have a small beach right in front of our hostel and a bigger, busier one about five minutes walk away. This is truly heaven. Yesterday afternoon I was chilling out when all of a sudden I recognised the music that was playing. It was Fat Freddys Drop. Think it was a sign (hurry up and blog, everyone has nothing else to do at work but to check Facebook).

Anyway, I've totally adjusted to the slow pace of life here. I've even taken up residence from 3-6pm on one of the leather beanbags. Best place for a nana nap around here. The party scene is pretty small unless you go into the main city (which is so expensive anyway). We usually end up lounging around the balcony singing songs around the gat and head to the local bars, which is a nice change of scenery from the big cities.

I have four more nights here then Rio. Loving it here, though, and Rio is another long bus ride away. Seems I've found a roommate as well. Here I was thinking I was gonna spend my first night in a month by myself.

About gloriamelody


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.