Existing Member?

All the other birds are migrating south My life of excess has come to a halt. I’m making my own yellow brick road in The Americas. Here’s hoping The Wizard of Oz has a better answer for me than a pair of shiny red slippers

Sticky situation

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 23 February 2011 | Views [343] | Comments [4]

So after nearly three weeks I'm finally getting my head around this toilet situation. See, I got used to the Thai way quickly but something disturbs me about the S.A way. See, you can't flush anything down the loo. I always like to have a barrier between me and the water. A few sheets of paper does the trick. This prevents splash-back which no one is a fan of. Anyway, anything else that isn't human waste goes into the bin. Not a difficult concept to grasp but much harder to follow. After all, I like taking a fat wad of four-ply paper and sending it down the sewage. Here, paper can sit in the bin for hours, sometimes days. Very ewwy. Some bins without lids. Double ewwy.

Ha. So be grateful you're at home and don't even think about me wasting the day away at the beach, polishing up my tan. Just be grateful you're not me... at least two or three times a day.

Comments

1

Errrrrrmmmmm...some things ya just don't really need to know....for me .....this is one of them....lol....Hmmm may have to pass that toilet advice on to the poor people in Christchurch...

  Harry Samuela Feb 24, 2011 1:18 PM

2

What a crack up Sweetie! Beta out than in....lol

  Ange Samuela Feb 24, 2011 2:51 PM

3

LOL... love it!

  aunty apainga Feb 24, 2011 7:03 PM

4

It needed to be said. Should of come with a warning sign

  gloriamelody Feb 26, 2011 11:45 PM

About gloriamelody


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.