Existing Member?

Wanders of Monlam Journey Some tid-bits, some stories and mostly a way for us to stay connected...

As I leave Nepal

NEPAL | Friday, 16 March 2007 | Views [1078]

Last Week at Pullahari. Is this really the end? Bitter cold mornings, hundreds of stairs to climb, aching knees, no electricity, no hot water, overcooked nepali versions of western food with carbohydrates being the only thing on the menu, misty mountains, mind expanding teachings, dharma debates, slow internet connection, Tibetan studies, hand washing, irritating policies, Phone line working, phone line not working, taxi is coming, taxi never shows up, no hot water. Well, it was all a dream. I am living now in Boudha in a guest house with no hot water (please have extra hot showers for me)I have finally recovered from the final party, which I coordinated. As per usual, for those of you that know me well, I was horribly hung-over, and since I hadn’t had a drink since Christmas it happened quick! The party was a great ending to the program. Now in town,I am still adjusting to the noise and activity of a city as opposed to the safe refuge of a Monastery..Takes some getting used to and I didn’t realize how noise sensitive I had become. The weather is still uncanny for this time of year..Raining and still cold and did I mention I am longing for hot water, no.. just ONE hot shower!! My plans have changed AGAIN. I am leaving Nepal on Sunday and heading to Darjeeling to attend the Manjushree Institute of Tibetan Language. One of my teachers, Khenpo Tsultrim Gyampso Rinpoche told me to continue my study of Tibetan ..So I will skip the retreat and go into another intensive program, staying in Darjeeling hopefully until the beginning if June sometime. If you would like to contribute to my study fund please let me know! My plans are always shifting and changing, but for the most part I would like to be back in San Francisco in June, work for a few weeks and then head up to Vancouver Island to attend Nitartha. Still waiting on word of my scholarship. So obviously my cell phone won’t be working in India..but I will get a new number and let you know how to contact me. What else? I have been doing some teaching in a hair salon here. Not much, just basic color chemistry and haircutting techniques. She wants me to move here to open up a beauty school/training center. I like that idea! So many options and possibilities..but for now I am staying focused on my Tibetan studies. For those of you that are involved with Shambhala, I went yesterday to the Monastery of Namkha Drimed Rabjam Rinpoche (Father of Semo Sayang and wife of the Sakyong) It is a truly spectacular setting in Pharping, with the most unusual shrine rooms. Please look at photos. Also in photos are KTGR’s visit to Pullahari. So that’s that for now, I do hope to hear from you and about your lives..

Tags: On the Road

About globalld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.