Existing Member?

Gaze at the world. How to see the world from a different sight.

Conmemara in our hearts

IRELAND | Monday, 18 May 2015 | Views [201]

When I was 18 years old I travelled to Ireland for three weeks for an English course in Dublin. I got the chance to get to know the irish culture and people and I had the opportunity to visit some parts of the country, and I felt in love with it.

Once I came bak home one friend recommended me to read the book in basque called "Connemara gure bihotzetan" (Connemara in our hearts), it's about a basque girl who travels to Ireland to find herself and through the book you can learn lots of things about the culture and history of the country. As soon as I finished it, I decided that one day I would do exactly the same tour that the girls does in the book from Dublin to Kilkenny, Connemara, Derry or Belfast.

I still haven't been able to do it, but hopefully I will have the chance to do the trip this coming summer and I am willing for it. It's gonna be an incredible adventure and will let me become the woman I want to be.

 

About gazetheworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.