Existing Member?

The Road Less Traveled

10 November: Headed Home with Thailand In Our Hearts

THAILAND | Friday, 10 November 2017 | Views [473]

Chiang Mai, Thailand, Elephant

Chiang Mai, Thailand, Elephant

It’s that time. The time you dread; the end of vacation time. But at the same time, you look forward to the comforts of home.  Time to head back to reality.

Wow….Freaking wow. 20 years of marriage celebrated with my beautiful and eternally 29-year-old bride.  I’m the luckiest man on the planet. What a great trip, what a great time. To share this experience with our wonderful friends, what a great experience for all of us – you cannot recreate moments like those we have strung together over the last couple of weeks. All of it was far too cool.

Bangkok, you showed me a side of you I have never seen. Farewell to the supremely wonderful man who transformed the country into a great place. Having the opportunity to pay our respects to King Bhumibol Adulyadej, was a life-changing experience for my wife and me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Phuket, your natural beauty and the visit from our monkey friends, made it all worthwhile.  Chiang Mai, we fell in love last year. That love grew this year – such a wonderful place. It is not hard to imagine us there sometime in the future. Phitsanulok… your storied history with the great King, Sanphet Naresuan, continues to intrigue and inspire me. To share that history with friends and family was incredible.  Thailand captured my heart well over 20 years ago, but it still holds my heart close today. My wife’s love and the beautiful Thai lens she views life through gives me perspective I would not otherwise have. Somkit is an incredible woman; I learn from her every day. Even more so when we are in Thailand together.

So yes, we all agree it was a great time… When is the next trip? I’m ready to go right now….  This is the final journal entry for this trip. Thank you so much for following our travels these last few weeks. If you are considering a trip to Thailand, I would be more than happy to help you plan your experience. Just hit me up.

Thank you to my wonderful wife, Somkit as well as our great friends Frank and Sharon. The experiences were incredible. The times spent together were simply unforgettable. Krahp khun krahp mahk mahk -- Sanook mahk jung loei!!

Tags: thailand

About gatornav


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.