Existing Member?

George and Dion's Great Adventures Follow us on our travels around the world and where ever they may take us, from New Zealand to afar.

Golden Week

CHINA | Sunday, 4 October 2009 | Views [345]


From the 1st of Oct it has been one massive celebration for the Chinese. They have a week long holiday and the 1st was also National day. There was the massive parade in Tienanmen Square which took most of the day. Here in Yangshuo we had massive fire works...which didn't start till 10.40pm. Hords of people moved to the rive side to watch it along with all the fires it started!!! Was a great atmosphere to hang out in though. Then the weekend has brought millions more tourist into town. Last night it took us 10mins to walk 100meters! Our normal stomping ground crowded... but the local market stalls are loving it!

Other than that we havent really had any work on. No schools are in and the few trips that are running only have 6people so no need to us. We have been hanging round trying to find work but its not really there! The new bar has been built so there is no more drinking at China Climb. we have to go to the bar for our free beer. But its not the same, you cant sit there and people watch!

We went for a hike... well walk really up the river and then followed a stream over some saddle. We were scouting it for a geography class to be able to do river studies. Was nice to get out of town for a while though :) 

Nothing else to report at this stage. No trips start until the 14th Oct. Till then we are going to try and climb after golden week has finished!

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.