Existing Member?

Jesus to World

Lasting Impressions

JAPAN | Wednesday, 7 August 2013 | Views [342]

What impresses me here is the strength of the people and how they tell me how they survived hybrid tsunami.  Those who are to share about their experiences seem healthier emotionally and are moving on in their lives. 


One lady shared how she escaped by going up into the hills near her place and she was still caught up in waist level water. She and another lady had to drag an elderly man through the water to save him. According to her many elderly people died after tsunami when they were caught cold and pneumonia and were not able to get help right away.


This morning I went to a house church where a lady shared how she and her family survived by going to the second floor of her son's house. The had to survive by drinking only a capful of water form a bottle that had to be shared among 5 persons. They also only had one dried cup of noodles to eat for all of them while they waited for help.


A younger lady was so upset about losing her sister and Mom that it caused problems in her marriage and her husband divorced her and tried to kidnap her children from her.  In the midst of all these problems, she became a Christian.

Please continue to pray for healing for those that are stood hurting inside.

About fujihiker


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.