Existing Member?

Jesus to World

Last Days of Ministry

JAPAN | Wednesday, 7 August 2013 | Views [428]

Sorry for late update. Two of the ladies left 2 days early as they were having trouble with the mission not meeting their expectations.  This was their first overseas missions trip and they were not prepared for how the Japanese are reached by the actions we do and the relationships that are built by it.


On a good note we met up with a team from Cerritos Baptist Church who were teaching line dancing at a community outreach. We decided to join them and meet more people. What is interesting is that I met a lady who was not a Christian but she had been helping with disaster relief and considered the Christians she worked with as her family. So God is touching lives in more ways than we think. 


Yesterday I got to meet a bakery owner who was helped by my brother and other Christians. They rebuilt her business and are working on her house. She is open to the Gospel. But not ready to accept salvation. Here though is another example of people are being reached for God.
Today Sachiko and I painted the garage trim of the volunteer house. The owner is letting GMT use the house while the are repairing it.

Now I'm sad as we have to say goodbye to all the great Christian workers we've met.  But God is evident here through the work being done by long term missionaries.


Looking forward to sharing more when I return. See new photos on blog

Photo of outreach by GMT and other ministries to locals which provided subsized lunches weekly when people needed food right after the tsunami but is being phased out and replaced by other programs to share the Gospel with them.

About fujihiker


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.