Existing Member?

Cultural learnings for make benifit of Continent America A collection of my tales, times & tragedy....to keep you all in the know. It´s not just a blurb...check my snaps however my camera is having emotional issues so give her some time...cheers

Boarder crossings..Beaches & Funky Double Decker Buses

PERU | Saturday, 4 August 2007 | Views [657] | Comments [2]

Making ones way to peru solo from Ecuador is an every day ocurance for many people and also a buisnes for the nifty and dodgy.  Unlike the Oh so easy change from Colombia to Ecuador? this boarder crossing had a bit more kick to it. 

The tale goes....once you get into Peru after all the legal jargon and make it acros the fronter (a small bridge) with all you stuff you would be tempted to take the cab ride that is on offer to the nearest town.  However many a persons have been taken to places unsafe to leave the taxi and a price change included from 45 Soles to 45 Dollars...not a nice cambio.  However thanks to my luck I avoided it..

I ran into two Chileano lads and a peruviano making the same rout.  With four sets of eyes for saftey we made it to the Land of Pisco Sours with all things intacted.  Halfway down the road after Imigration we leave the colectivo for an Audi 4x4..Huh? the peruvian muchacho had organised his brother to pick us up and with that done myself and my new chileno mates had a very fast and free ride to MANCORA. 

Mancora is a small but very bustling beach along the Pan-Americana best known for its waves and babes.  And with perfect timing we arived for the Peruvian Independence Week(the bigest party in the country) whear everyone flocks to for a long boozup on the beach. 

So the week folowed quite well with very litle complexities to life (disregarding my sunburn) and new found friends.  I linked up with a very interesting group of travellers....a couple from the states, two sisters form colorado, two spanish speakin Italianos and one very wild polish geezer.  With that made beach barbeques, birthday parties and long days in the sand were had.  A very interesting dynamic of people to say the least. 

The week ended...all heading south in funky double decker buses for lima.  The inter-mixto had planed their last week together in Iqitos..the amozon and the lairy aussi jumped off the bus half way(in both minds) for the Crodilla Blanca...the gem of the peruvian andes...no not machu pitchu.   

I finaly stuck to my plan of travel for the first time.  With the company of a local and my bottle of rum I acended in a new bus 3500meters to the city of Huaraz...not knowing what to find?

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

Was the polish guys name Piotrek ...? by any chance

  stepho Aug 11, 2007 1:04 PM

2

it is Priot he was in sue before you came, funny

  silvia Aug 11, 2007 9:42 PM

About free-felix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.