Existing Member?

Cultural learnings for make benifit of Continent America A collection of my tales, times & tragedy....to keep you all in the know. It´s not just a blurb...check my snaps however my camera is having emotional issues so give her some time...cheers

Vegas Baby! & a little bit of Frisco

USA | Wednesday, 31 January 2007 | Views [649]

The mother and I had devoured a fine chunk of the desert, mountains towering forests and eiry historical wetern towns.  Another two weeks or so lay ahead.  I can´t recal a great deal as i´m writing this months later but it would have been a blur if I wrote in the then so I chose the now...what does that mean patrick?

LAS VEGAS proved to be just what one expected...a comple experience in itself laden with bright lights, long nights and sureal sights.  We arived on friday night...a glow could be seen miles away.  We treated ourselfs to some fine acomidation....¨why so how bout staying in a pyramid tonight?¨ said sal, why the hell not...we checked into the Luxor. 

One moment one could be floating in Venice then speeding through New York in a coaster and then jugling some dice in Circus Circus. (don´t forget the Eiffel tower) Being on the strip we felt amazed but caugt...every casino is linked to the nex by bridges which one thinks is the way out.  

The last night we escaped the rush for the original strip of casinos which founded the life we had learnt to dig.  Complete with wooden interiors, shrimp coctales and clasic tunes from the in house grand piano.  Life is a blast in Vegas funny thing is..the casino doors don´t have locks...their open 24hrs every day of the year. 

To come down of our superficial high we took in the natural beauty of Seqoia national park, Zion, the wine valles and nureous others.  Next SAN FRAN SISCO. 

This town proved to be one of my most beloved.  If I could have settled anywhear it would have been here.  The City is so modern, yet hitorical and as its forte the funky ways and woes of the downtown groovers.  Frisco is home to the sumer of love 1969...the birth place of love, flowers and perpetual groove.  Height & Ashbury street provides a ¨day trip¨ in itself, laden with old and new age hippies, punks, rockers..if it´s cool it´s here.  Not to mention the victorian style architecture sliding down its manny hills frsco has it all. 

The trip was closing in on us as we crused down the Califronian coast via Highway One.  As we watched the superbowl final on our last night it dawned upon us both that the Mother & Son duo woul have to wait until I choose to return to OZ...some 17months left on my ticket.  We said goodby on the LA airport but..shed a tear and that was it.  I was alone!

Tags: On the Road

About free-felix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.