Existing Member?

Cultural learnings for make benifit of Continent America A collection of my tales, times & tragedy....to keep you all in the know. It´s not just a blurb...check my snaps however my camera is having emotional issues so give her some time...cheers

San Diego

USA | Saturday, 13 January 2007 | Views [811]

So we rolled out out LA leaving behind us the chaos that makes it known so well. As the train rolled out the moutains farwelled us with their first gathering of snow for the season...a fine crisp view.

As the train crused down the coast I couldn´t help but notice the industrial areas and flodways that resembled the great car race in Greace...Yeah Baby! The coast was excelent...no wonder all rock bands sing about this place.

We had a simple plan, stay with our friends Geofory & Leisly, get our rental car and get On the Road. However life was not so easy.......

After our first day taking in the sights & planing the trip over a map in a black out..ha! we made our way to hertz for the car.

"I´m sory mam but the person who drives the car has to be the holder of the card, you son is too young to hold an account with us"

"But it´s my card, my account just his name. Please can´t there be an aception"

"All I can sugest is that you call your card company and get a replacment card, then we can sort things out. But come back tomorow because I can reserve you a better car for cheap" she had sympathy for our situation.

So we whent home to sort out sals card....more bad comunication! The card compnay only filed a replacment for one card but had to delete my original because it´s the same account. So in the end we had no car, no cards and had to wait until the new one arrived....ARGHHH!

We returned the next day with Leislys company and the lady said

"Oh you have a friend that lives here, she can put her name down as a card holder but when you return the car you can pay with your card...or you son´s"

An avoidable drama...however it did mean that day the boss wasn´t around so we scored a 4x4 with GPS for the price of a crappy coke can car...score baby..score!

With a few days to kill mum and I shot off to Joshua Tree National Park...an excelent way to get things on the road...U2 I mean US2 had a ball.

We got back to our sarogate house in San D and shouted our friends a home cooked dinner.

To my excitment the ilustrial skunk we had been trying to catch had finaly landed himself in one of the garden traps. Problem being was that Pepe le Pew was in the way of the herb box. Sal and Leisly decided to put a blanket over the cage for the saftey of all parties concerned. Ha! the little dude did what he does best and layed a stinker on sally. My best description of the smell would be rotten eggs mixed with a toxic smelling glue.

The smell filled the whole garden (half a tenis court) for over an hour. The remainder of its loe juice resided on sals jacket, a smell which can´t be washed out, no matter what...so we ditched it. An event which made for one funny dinner.....go on, ask sal about it..Ha!

We woke the next day to blue skys, new cards and a hunger for making miles....it was done, We were On the Road!

Tags: Laughter

About free-felix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.