Existing Member?

Cultural learnings for make benifit of Continent America A collection of my tales, times & tragedy....to keep you all in the know. It´s not just a blurb...check my snaps however my camera is having emotional issues so give her some time...cheers

Los Angeles you complicated girl you

USA | Thursday, 11 January 2007 | Views [914] | Comments [1]

Arived into La with january the 8th to live all over again in a californiated way....and with energy to burn. Caught the bus to the main train station..first thing first, book the tickets to San Diego in advance.
``Excuse me mam this crdit card is expired``...what!? It can`t be It`s new.. Oh shit..my mother has realised that her new card (completly identicle) is back in Australia sadly mistaken for the old one...Doh!
I knew that all was fine beacause I had my own card linked to her account...but the look on her face was a fine kodak moment.
The topic of forgetfullnes capitalized the conversation until we got to our hotel...on the way, streets laden with big dodge utes and yellow shcool buses ...yea like in the simpsons! cool I`m realy in America I thought.
The hotel was smack bang in the middle of the buisness district...good for comuting, bad for the lungs.
Took in the vistas and shot thru with our walikng shoes. Off to china town and little Mexico, bit tacky.
Now for some real culture...the museum of modern art, La brea tar pits and the museum of historicl artifacts and all that jazz.
My head was about to explode so we bought a token USA burger of the same size and a beer can the length of my foot, got back at night and soaked up the LA lights....
Our first day of travel done well.
DAY 2: Token LA Bus tour.

´´And on your right folks is the bar whear the doors used to be the resident band, but back then they wern´t called the doors´´. Oh and that´s Steven Spielbergs office...OOOHHHHH! AAAHHHHH!

Yep, we couldn´t have left LA without being driven around with a bunch of tourist and not be given the 101 about LA and all it´s secrets. Hollywood bowl, Rodeo Drive and all that shines and glitters. It was all well and good...we ralized that it was a must due to the fact that LA is one big giant Blob of concrete. If you want to get around then you need a car...as it is laden with 4-6lane high ways...the public transpot sucks. Mum n I ended our day with an enormous Mexican feast...manyana, hanging out with a local friend of ours.
DAY 3: An oh so personal tour
As planed we met up with our friend Philipa, an energetic New Zealander who has settled in Venice Beach...think Bay Watch. As she and my mother are both fanatic artist the day was revolved around all the little art galleries hidden around the city...good to have a local with a car to make life easy.
Brunched it in style, more galleries (left the picture taking to the ladies) and we were off to Philipa´s place to soak up Venice beach. As I said...think Bay Watch but add some dodgy hawkers, crappy souvernier shops and a complete aray of every kind of person(roller skaters n babes)...now you have venice beach.
Coffe with the setting sun...was a fine day...back to the hotel.
DAY 4: Ghetti Museum
The Ghetti family is one I know very little about, however you don´t have to be Einstein to know that the have heaps of dosh and a love for all that is artistic and historical. For example...the multi milion dollar complex was built on a prime mountain top overlooking the whole of LA...and with it´s private cable car for access...nice.
In a nut shell...a complete range of all the different genres of art and historical artifacts. As I´m writing this four months later I can´t go into detail...but if you are ever in LA..Go the Ghetti!
Packed our bags for the train to San Diego

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

You clever one to do the blog. Great to hear from you this morning. Hope the footy is great. Lions play the roos at Carrara tonight.

  MIM Apr 21, 2007 12:11 PM

About free-felix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.