Existing Member?

Terry.. Terry .. Give Us A Wave!!!

We´ve come to the end of our tour...

CHILE | Friday, 26 February 2010 | Views [643] | Comments [3]

So we got back on the bus back to Buenos Aires after Iguazu to meet our tour group. The journey was LONG to say the least and unfortunatley old Pablo wasnt working! We wandered around Buenos Aires a bit more before realising our luck was in when we checked into the 4 star hotel to meet our group. Our group leader is an american guy called paul who is everso nice, but we are not overly keen on the long hair and goatie. We had dinner and got on really well with yet again more auzzis, carly and lisa. Our group is very diverse, from 60 year old leslie, or lee as she insists on being called, who is very sweet but dont ask us how she ended up here because its like she took the wrong turn on the way to the loony bin and ended up here, to the most annoying selfish, self obessed american Ginger!

Salta, Northern Argentina was a bit dull and boring. There was nothing spectacular to see. We spent a whole day in a mini bus doing the tour of the train into the clouds and if it wasnt for the tour guide, i think we would have been slitting wrists. Our spanish is also still useless as in one of the villages we stopped in we tried to order 4 empanadas and received 4 beef salads.

The Atacama desert was so much fun. We stayed in a small town called San Pedro. The only downside was that the bars had to shut at 1. We did horseriding across the desert which was nice, but it didnt half hurt the next day when it came to sitting down. Sandboarding was also good, once you got the nack of it, we´ll paint you a picture, a vertical sand dune, burning hot sand, 30 degree heat, 3500ft above sea level, carrying a sandboard. Cesca of course took to it like a fish to water after her practise and when the pictures go up you can see for youselves how good sarah was. We´ve had sand coming out of us left right and centre for the past week. The sand boarding was exhausting but we still had what we thought was a relaxing evening watching the sunset to do. Only it was in fact a hike up and down sun dunes and mountains, how francesca managed to do all this in flip flop was beyond everyone!

Our trip to Boliva then commenced...............tbc

Comments

1

Sounds like you guys are having a blast...im cracking up as im reading..i can only imagine sarah flying off her sandboard...and im surprised cesca was anygood...completely out of control i should think! xx

  Harrie Feb 26, 2010 10:01 AM

2

Sounds legendry. cant wait to hear more. have funnnnnnnn!! x.

  Mark Feb 26, 2010 1:02 PM

3

sarah bearer its lovely to read how you've been and am so jealous at the sand boarding- it sounds immence!! keep having all the fun! are you ok? please update this asap- ive seen on the news about the earth quake and we all just want to know your ok! xxxxxxx

  clair bear, Izzy & Morgan Mar 1, 2010 9:07 AM

About frasarah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.