Existing Member?

Terry.. Terry .. Give Us A Wave!!!

Week 1!!

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 14 February 2010 | Views [576]

HOLA CHICOS Y CHICAS!!!!!!

So we arrived in Buenos Aires, after hours of turbulance that francesca quite happily slept the whole way through! Met a guy, Alex, from Guilford who Sarah responded, oh yea i know, in Essex! Promising start me thinks. He proceeded to help us not only locate our hostel on the map but buy our tickets and put us on the right bus.. nice fella!

Our hostel, the Millhouse was a great starting point. Full of friendly people, mostly auzzis and Maz-amillius from shephards bush. The three days spent in Buenos Aires were great fun. Met a lovely girl called jamie. We did lots of sight seeing with her including; Evitas tomb, the famous Maradonna stadium (apparently hes NOT dead) La Boca; famous for tango,(it originated for sailors to hook up with prostitutes in case you didnt know!) and definatley not its food. Also attended a corrupt argentina vs brazil football game. The cities buildings and statues are also spectacular, there are hundreds! Although crossing the widest avenue proved quite difficult, well until we were stumbling across it at 7am. Had a fab time and met loads of fun people.

We were dreading the 20hour bus journey up to iguazu falls but in fact we were pleasently surprised at our reclining seats and whats more PAUBLO. Poor little mite, he worked his socks off serving us champagne, breakfast, lunch, dinner and ensuring we were either watching a film or listening to music.

The marcopolo hostel is very different to millhouse, it is a lot bigger, less people, but has a swimming pool. We spent our first day relaxing by the pool and of course cesca is as brown as a berry and sarah looks like a lobster who has been run over by a train with white paint on its wheels! We´re even on ´dealing with bugs´.... wait for it...... cesca picked up and threw away the dead cockroach who wanted to share our room and sarah emptied a bottle of shampoo and caught the ghekko who fancied a cheeky glimpse of us in the shower.. clever work!

Our first day at the falls was spent at the Argentinian side. Despite being slightly overcharged for our tickets, the falls were magnificent! We also got to ride in a boat into one the falls, erm.. a wee bit wet you could say! Tonight we are going to a bbq up the road and tomorrow we´re ´just popping off to Brazil´ to see the falls from the Brazilian side and of course cant wait to see if our old friend Pablo is on the bus of luxury on the way back to Buenos Aires.

Oh and the reason why the blog is called terry terry give us a wave is thanks to a certain o´donoghue who got this in our heads last friday night AND WE CANNOT GET IT OUT!! song of the holiday ... i´m sure terry will love it.

About frasarah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.