Existing Member?

Kimberley Adventure

You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave........

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 8 July 2010 | Views [363]

Hi

We have had a forced overnight stop only about 60kms from Ruby Plains at Halls Creek.  The axle on the camper trailer went jibby and it is at the repairers.  Had to spend a night in a very swanky apartment with all the mod cons - a treat after roughing it for so long.  RACQ insurance is covering some of the costs so that made it even more pleasurable!  The swanky apartment was not by choice as everything is completely booked out due to school holidays and bad weather.  It was the only accommodation left in all of town which gives an indication of how overpriced it was.  We certainly made FULL use of every gagdet and service within the room!!!

We are hoping the trailer will be fixed by midday so as we can be on our way.  WE are due to meet with Eth, Leanne and Steve tomorrow in Katherine so it will be a couple of days of many k's to get there.  We really will have to come back now that our final days have been sabotaged by bad weather and broken bits.  Happily the sun is shining today and we may even lash out and purchase some Blundstone boots for Sienna at the local suppliers here!!!

About fops


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.