Existing Member?

Kimberley Adventure

Calling Kununarra home......

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 22 May 2010 | Views [351] | Comments [4]

It is nice to be in the same place for more than overnight and Leanne, hats off to you for not giving into the soft option of motel-ing it!  Did the mundane washing, organising etc then headed off to the Kununarra Markets - gorgeous fresh produce and Oliver enjoyed his frozen mango whilst Sienna perused the jewellery stands looking for a "Chinese fan" without success.

The kids went in the Argyle Diamond dig event in the afternoon and dug their little hearts out but alas, no diamonds to be found!  A cooling swim to end the day. 

It is hot and humid and the Kimberleys is experiencing 6 times its normal rainfall for May so many roads still closed.  Paul starts his bike ride tomorrow so he should get suitably filthy but will no doubt have a great time.

Ciao for now.

X

Comments

1

Glad to see you finally started to do some updates. One of the locals from up there was speaking about the ride on "Australia all over" this morning so there is a bit more publicity for it now. She was sayin "its still a bit drizzelwy but they are heading off soon".
Lyn and the Crows Nest crowd send their regards and well wishes, (I read out your last two posts to them).
Keep dry,
D.

  The Ashworth Crowd May 23, 2010 9:30 AM

2

Motels!!!!!!!! that wasn't on the itinerary.

Cheers

Pauly O (fort holder)

  Pauly O May 23, 2010 7:04 PM

3

Keep it coming! Loving it. xxx the Griffiths

  Emily G May 24, 2010 8:44 PM

4

Hi FOPS
Great to find you're up and running with the travel blog- we've been looking in regularly! It's hard to find the time and coverage so good luck with keeping it going. Wishes for a relaxing and fun week with the kids Fran. We're all waiting for a few pikkies now! Thanks for the milestone phone call. Forgot to tell you I did remember to bring in your bins and mail. Love to all XXX
PS Can't comment on the motel splurge much as that's all we had o/s though Adrian would be in the same vote as Steve- if we had a tent with us he wouldn't budge from using it every single day - you're one lucky girl! Hope Sienna finds that Chinese fan she's looking for!

  Terri and co. May 25, 2010 10:29 AM

About fops


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.