Existing Member?

Solo South India *gulp*

Settling in - sort of!

INDIA | Tuesday, 24 February 2015 | Views [275]

So after eventually leaving my hostel room...I instantly meet a guy who was on a yoga course which I managed to tag along to and get accepted on 😊.  Is Ashtanga yoga which I have done previously in London. It's hard yoga bit with hard will come rewarding and the deeper journey into self. Its hard to decide which yoga to fully train in. The are so many. I enjoy Ashtanga but I'm not keen to go to Mysore and join millions of others. I would like a more personalised journey into the depths of yoga. But that seems hard to find these days when everything has become so commercialised. Obviously there is not enough Spiritual Masters / Gurus to go round 1-2-1 with people but surely there is a happy balance.

Finding the right yoga and my Spiritual Master feels like the age old saying....finding a needle in a haystack!! Maybe Mysore is the way to go....although I would like to do something that also involves Ayurveda as I am keen to understand the ancient healing and wellbeing methods. I am currently having Ayurveda treatment. I have had 5 days of Dhara...Having what feels like 50 litres of oil poured over the tip of my head whilst I twitch my way to sleep. It's amazingly therapeutic and I do come out feeling refreshed and everything just looks that little brighter. Tomorrow I am having hot rice and herb packs put all over me - I think it's called chitta! Looking forward to the results.

Tags: ayurveda, yoga

About followyourfeet


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.