Existing Member?

Lily's Travels

Life's A Beach

THAILAND | Friday, 23 November 2007 | Views [641]

We are still in Ton Sai and the antibiotics worked, so today we hit the beach for adventure: a half day of kayaking through limestone caves. I even saw a baby crocodile in the water which I enjoyed seeing even less than the fish while snorkeling. We stopped on every beach to swim and bask in the sun like whales, read our books and take cat naps.

(I interrupt this blog entry to note that my Irish friend, Phil, whom we also met in Pai just walked into the internet cafe and gave me some warm banana bread...and there is chocolate in it...mmmm...banana bread!)

Back to kayaking - we stopped and had banana shakes and barbecued corn on the cob for lunch after shopping in the caves for dresses. We were headed back the mainland to return our kayaks when a wave no bigger than 10 inches appeared to knock both Ashley and I out of our kayak into the water. The tide was going out fast so we fell onto the sharp rocks, then the kayak fell on top of us, then our backpacks fell out of the kayak and our water bottles floated by. Luckily we recovered our material objects, the rental kayak and limped back to our bungalow for some much needed bandaids. Good thing I had a surplus of bandaids and seemed to have brought all 400 of them along in my backpack.

One of the Thai women pointed to me as I limped back to the bungalow with blood dripping down my leg - "Accident!" She shouted.

Umm...yeah I know, okay?

Recovery in Ton Sai, yet again.

Tags: Misadventures

About flower-lily


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.