Existing Member?

Lily's Travels

A Sweet Slice of Pai

THAILAND | Saturday, 10 November 2007 | Views [554]

Over and around the lush green mountains three hours North of Chiang Mai lies a little mountain paradise called Pai filled with hippies of the Thai and foreign variety. Tofu on every menu and wheat grass shots for breakfast; I am ready to look at real estate.

We stayed in a bamboo bungalow on the river for about $3 each a night. Steamed fish with lemongrass and a coconut/banana shake for dinner ran up another almost $3.  Thanks for the recommendations Sean and Heather!

Yesterday we met an English and an Irish chap whom we jumped on their motorbikes for a sceanic drive to the hot springs. Luckily my Irish driver was a little better at the wheel as I watched Ashley and her driver crash on their bike. Both were able to walk away with just cuts and bruises. Luckily, Ash, our nurse on staff was able to patch them up.

The hot spring water was piped into a fancy pool where we sat in the hot sun in the hot water 'til we turned to prunes. We cooled off with some fresh squeezed orange juice served with a Jasmine flower.

Tags: Friends

About flower-lily


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.