Existing Member?

World Tour The Idea of Travel, exploring other cultures, seeing the most vague corners of the world has been part of the human race. Here I am just following a dream.

40 million sheeps

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 6 December 2007 | Views [645]

Silk on the rocks

Silk on the rocks

Even though New Zealand is not too far from Australia, I could not find many similarities between both countries.

Australia has Aborigenes which are fragile and not the brightest sheep in the shed. New Zealand had and still have the Maoris, which came from the french Polynesia fighting for territory and always maintaining warrior traditions.

Auckland as the first stop and the largest city of New Zealand comprises 1.5 million people, and impressive amount considering that the entire country has 4.5 million.

The city is flooded by Koreans and other asian cultures, but korean definetely dominates all the internet cafes, restaurants and 7/11 like markets.

The city's main street boasts large shops, malls and sky tower visible from most parts of town. At the sky tower buses departs to many other cities.

From the airport tp the hostel there aren't too many options but a taxi (nzd70) or a shuttle (nzd25).

This time I stayed at the YHA, the looks were very clean, but to my experience I ende up in a room with two germans, on

To be continued

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.