Existing Member?

World Tour The Idea of Travel, exploring other cultures, seeing the most vague corners of the world has been part of the human race. Here I am just following a dream.

Mermaid Beach and Noosa - Relais Chateaux Hospitality

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 20 October 2007 | Views [1486]

Me, Babi, Bill and the People's Republic

Me, Babi, Bill and the People's Republic

After Byron Bay I called Babi, a friend from Miami which I had not seen in a while. Babi is leaving in the beautiful Mermaid Beach with her fiancé Bill. There they received me in a Relais Chateaux hospitality. Amazing!!!

The first night we went to a very tasty yet simple Vietnamese restaurant. As many restaurants in Australia it was a BYO (Bring your Own), which is great because it doesn’t come out as expensive. Most restaurants are BYO due to the high cost of a liquor license in Australia, something around 250k.

After dinner Babi took me to Surfers Paradise, which is about 15 minutes from her place. It was Cart Series Weekend, so Surfer was packed, mostly with man, boooooo. It was nice, lots of restaurants and a vivid nightlife, however hard to compare to Miami’s.

The next day we drove to Noosa, about 3 hours from Mermaid Beach. At night we went out for dinner and some beers with Bills friends from when he lived in Noosa. Almost every beach in Australia has a Surf Club, there the drinks are subsidized by the government, there are much cheaper then at most places. It sound like something Lula would do.

The next day, I met the People’s Republic, two friends of Bill, which are DJs and played at the Rolling Rock nightclub. The music was great, but going out with DJs might be hazardous.

During the day I went for a walk in the Noosa Reserve, after 10 minutes walking I was introduced to my first Koala, they are definitely very cute balls of fur. The views are unbelievable and about every 500 meters there is either a secluded beach or a huge beach with maybe 10 people walking around. It is amazing how such immense beaches can be so bare. Maybe if it was in Brazil Sunshades would cover the beach from side to side. The walk is about 3 kilometers from Noosa Heads to Sunshine Beach, covering the costal side of the reserve.

Babi and Bill, thanks for everything, it was amazing!!

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.